Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-21, 13:52   Link #2342
Trajan
Six Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Being at the site of two Scub Bursts is probably a major amount of trapar exposure. There's also no reason why she couldn't have moved to near one of the numerous coral plants, since in 2020 they knew how to stop Scub Bursts.
Elena was actually only present for one Scub Burst, as Eureka took her out of 1981 before that first one happened. I also don't agree that being near Scub Burst = exposure to massive amounts of trapar. But accepting your theory, Ivica should be able to pilot an IFO since he was right on top of the largest Scub Burst in history and has spent a great deal of time around Scub Coral.

My larger issue with the reveal that Elena is a child of the '80s is that it doesn't work with what's come before it. There were lots of little hints throughout the series that Elena was from Eureka's future: intimating she could see trapar, Truth treating her differently, etc. Although those might be explained away, the big problem is her hair. Every character in this series AND the original has had normal-colored hair except for: Sakuya, Anemone, Eureka, Ao, and Elena. (I'm assuming Miller's hair was a wig/dyed) Two of these are 100% Coralian, one is 50% Coralian, one is genetically modified to be like a Coralian, and then there's is Elena, who comes from 1981. Okaaaay.

Last edited by Trajan; 2012-09-21 at 14:27. Reason: hair
Trajan is offline   Reply With Quote