View Single Post
Old 2010-08-30, 23:24   Link #234
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What?

So we got the chapter before they did in Japan? How does that work?
WSJ is sent out to some retailers a week in advance (place that or either hard to ship to in Japan, or the Chinese copies which are shipped out as early). One or two of those retailers may have an employee that then provides the fans with the spoilers and spoiler images. Simple enough, right?

(That being said, I misused the word publish in my last post. I meant released, not published.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
It is really bothersome to me that not only are we reading the chapters illegally, but we're reading them before they're even released in Japan. Of course I love reading them earlier, but it's a bit ridiculous and makes me feel bad. lol
If it'll make you feel better, you can always buy some copies of the manga (which is what I do, even if my Japanese is quite rudimentary)...that being said, the spoilers we receive are not actually for us. Rather, certain individuals take the Japanese spoilers and then translate them to other languages. So, it's not like we are special and actually get the spoilers before a Japanese audience, we are just lucky to have translators that are willing to provide translations of Japanese spoilers (that’s why you should thank people like Aohige whenever he appears ).