View Single Post
Old 2012-03-07, 21:44   Link #3310
hyl
reading #hikaributts

After finishing every story in Hatsuyuki Sakura i can say one thing

Pure Rage!!!!!

One of my first WTH moments came at the end of the (fixed in the first playthough) regular Sakura route.
Spoiler for spoiler:

My actual rage comes from the true route: Graduation
I really liked it from the beginning till the climax . It had a nice mixup of comedy, lot's of deredere moments and drama at the end. But both endings of that route left me with a really bitter taste.

In fact i didn't really like all of the endings.
Spoiler for spoiler:

However the story was overall ok. Sometimes they felt a little dragged and every story became sometimes a little overdramatic for me at the end.
The plot about ghosts could have been used better for the plot and it was pretty much only served to add drama to the end of the routes.

I liked the stories in this order.

Sakura> Aya > Shirokuma> Nozomu > Azuma
Spoiler for spoiler:

The music was in my opinion quite good. Not just the opening and ending songs, but the BGM's were nicely varied and when it was quite fitting for the mood/atmosphere when it was used. Especially the tracks "Freak of Nature: start" and "Ghost parade"

As for the seiyuu's, it was a mixed bag for me. Some did really great, while most of them were pretty bad in my opinion.
Especially Shimizu Ai and Fuuri Samoto did a really good job with Sakura and Aya.
I didn't really like kadowaki Mai's role as Nozomu, because i am probably not used to her voicing characters that way. The other female seiyuu's besides Yoshida Airi (voicing Megumi and other side characters and a ghost)were mostly ok but i disliked most male seiyuu's in this one. One problem for me (because i really like to listen VN's as well) was that every seiyuu were also voicing random students or other people. Even the more important side characters in certain routes were voiced in pretty much the same way (hardly any attempt of trying to change thier voice) as they did with the regular characters.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-03-07 at 23:21. Reason: edit mistook the first route as the prologue
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote