View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 11:46   Link #6750
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
So, the word lolita. It's originally a cute name for a girl, then our good friend Nabokov nicknamed one of the characters in his book, Lolita, Lolita. Said character was a twelve year old (can't remember exactly, it's been a while since I read it) precocious sexual deviant who repeatedly exploits her mother's lover by bribing him with sexual favors. (Un)surprisingly, the name Lolita disappears off the face of the earth soon after.
That's not quite the plot. In fact, while the girl is precocious, the male protagonist is a pedophile who falls in love with her, marries her mother, and then murders the mother. The titular "Lolita" is fairly innocent (though precocious), though I only read the first half of the book (it's got very flowery, that is difficult to read).

Quote:
Anyway, question is, loli is for boys and girls right? I know people throw around "shotacon" for boys, but imho lolicon should be the same regardless of gender. Is it?
No, Lolicon only applies to girls, because a Loli is only a young (or young looking) girl. Shotacon is indeed the correct designation for the opposite gender relationship.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote