View Single Post
Old 2009-02-02, 16:44   Link #330
Jeshua

Hmmm... About Ami's "role" in the anime and in the Novels...

Hm, surely she has a love interest on Ryuji, but from "no interest" to "interested" and then "love-interested" and finally "lovestruck" or something like that, I would say that she is, let's say, somewhere between "interested" and "love-interested"...

I loved that scene on ep14 where Ryuji treats Amin like a child: "Whatever, you should eat some pork. You're probably lacking vitamin B2." ... then he explains why he thinks that way (she looked weak early in the morning) and she looks so cuute! *-*~
She clearly doesn't like the kind of relationship that Ryuji and Taiga share, and envy 'em a whole lot (then, she likes and would love to have the same kind of relationship but... Oh well.) but, for Ryuji to worry about (and pay attention to) her, even when she acts like a b*atch (early that day) is something that makes her realize that, even now that she is being true to herself, there are true friends to support and care about her... (well, a shame that he doesn't realize when she is true to her feelings. -_-)

Well, for now he is a friend to her, and for sure she wants him (to herself), but the novel shows better her inner conflict on all that 'photo' matter - does she want Minorin to make a advance on Ryuji? Does she want him for herself? Would she steal Ryuji from Taiga? Or she just wants everyone to be true to their fellings and be trully happy (or sad) with the outcome? (Well, on the anime all this conflict was resumed on one facial contortion but... meh.)

She doesn't looks like she knows what she wants (or should) do. Oh hell - I love all this confusion *-*~

surely lotsa dialogues got wiped out of the anime, but we get so many visual hints...