View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 19:29   Link #3266
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I consider myself a Christian today, and I'm not a perfect Christian, but I get so angry about some Christians, especially some I see in America. I know there is a lot of good Christians all throughout America, some with views that I think they are definitely wrong on but they are still, overall, good Christians (that previous post doesn't suggest that, but I acknowledge that often), but yes, I'm very frustrated with some Christians. I mean, what kind of Christians was my ugly, extreme post directed towards? Christians who believe every gay person is vile and no good; that not one of them is a good person. That they are "abominations" and it is right to hate them. There are many Christians like that. I have gay relatives and each one of them and their spouses are good people. It is hurtful that millions of Christians would hate them, treat them like dirt, and wish death upon them just because of their sexual orientation. This is a big thing with my frustration for people I think are bad Christians. I understand that with your religion you oppose homosexuality. That is understandable. However, you aren't supposed to hate those people. An important thing for Christians is to "hate the sin but love the sinner".

Then there are also plenty of Christians in America that think all liberals are Godless heathens. That's a bother. Beyond this, there are plenty of Christians who are very unkind and intolerant to people like Buddhists, Hindus, and Muslims, among others (some of them hate all Muslims, even). Again, many of these Christians take an extreme view, thinking that their religions offer nothing good when in fact they share some of the greatest elements found in Christianity.

So yeah, my post was extreme. Sorry if it got on someone's nerves, but I'm angry. I'm sick of some Christians pointing the finger every which way, judging so many others, condemning so many others (things Christians aren't supposed to do), when they themselves are bad people. The Christians that I think are bad Christians ignore or oppose some of the most important teachings from Jesus himself. It is frustrating. Also, these people I deem as bad Christians are incredibly harmful to Christianity itself. Just think how the bad apples in Christianity, since just in the last decade alone, have driven away millions of people that could have become Christians or remained Christians. This is yet another thing that I'm frustrated with with certain Christians.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-06-19 at 01:48.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote