View Single Post
Old 2009-04-24, 12:50   Link #72
stubby42

Quote:
Barnacles? Actually I know someone who's afraid of them (and he's also a poster here at Asuki, you know who you are ) - everyone in this planet is afraid of something, even if it can be oh so irrational. Besides, the only two things we've seen Mio be afraid of is blood and barnacles, and the first one isn't really a stretch for people to be afraid of you know: Some people are just really weak to the thought of blood. It's not like she's suddenly afraid of EVERYTHING as she's portrayed now
Yeah but Barnacles are just one example of the many things we've seen already, its almost as if a new fear is introduced every episode so far we've had: affraid of talking to people (I dont really think serving a customer in a fast food place public speaking), cutting your hands (or yui's) and now Barnacles.

If they can go two episodes without introducing a new fear then I'll eat my words but it feels like the writers are desperate to get sympathy for the character in anyway possible and having her be so irrationally shy is a short cut.

Which is a shame because she had an amazing scene this episode which really showed the depth of the character and the writers should be proud of it.

I can put up with it as long as we see more character development, dont get me wrong I love this show its just one little gripe I have against it.