Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post
Old 2014-01-24, 18:01   Link #2337
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Microsoft on 1080p/60fps -- "These little things get way overblown"
Quote:
The real differences between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 games are "pretty minor," so making a point to get worked up over benchmarks like 1080p and 60fps isn't worth it, Xbox director of product planning Albert Penello has said.

"Look, I've had a lot of time to think about this and I believe in what I said. I believe that the differences [between the PS4 and Xbox One] is not that great," Penello said during the latest Gamertagradio podcast. "And I know what is going behind the scenes and I have access to more information about some of this...than a lot of people. Sometimes I think people tend to neglect the points that are in my favor and they like to highlight the points that tell me that I am wrong. Right now, I still think Ryse is still the best looking game on any platform. Period. End of story."

Square Enix revealed earlier this week that the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will run at 60fps on PS4, while the Xbox One frame rate remains a mystery. Penello said it could be true that Tomb Raider runs at 30fps on Xbox One, but pointed out that the Xbox One is just a couple months old and experiences are only going to get better with time.

"At the end of the day, if I have to pick one box, I'm going to pick ours. I work here. I root for the home team. I'm very biased. I feel like if you're going to buy one box, you should buy the Xbox One because it does deliver an all-in-one experience. It does have the best exclusives. It does have the best-looking games."
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mic.../1100-6417326/

comments: minor differences, yay! lol...this article made my day.