View Single Post
Old 2007-07-03, 00:15   Link #2066
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
My friend has a sub only Tekkaman Blade Boxset, and I have Super Bestial Machine God Dancougar VHS tapes that are sub only (obviously only one audio track was possible). It was more common to see sub only stuff back in the VHS days.

@4Tran:
Coordinator: "Alright ship the Zeta Gundam DVD's"
Next Day
Spokesperson: "Your DVD's have shipped, but I'm afraid there's some bad news, we changed the opening theme, the show is dubtitled and er....some of the discs might be duplicates or may not even work at all, thanks for spending 200 dollars on this boxset that given it's rarity and limited edition nature should have had more effort put into it. Oh and for no real reason we changed the english cast from Mobile Suit Gundam that everybody seemed to like to cold readers, K thanks."

Just hope that ADV Films doesn't pick it up like they did PPD and give Carl Macek the dub direction. Although in all honesty it will probably go to Kadokawa/Bandai if it goes to anyone.
Gotta watch the box sets you get now adays so many china made DVD sets,it seems Tekkaman box set was released by media blasters,I thought the Dub was done a lot like Roin warroris,but I guess it was either to choppy ot lost in time.

Another series I can think of is macross it got a full sub release for that reason,however I can not think of a new series besides CCS that got a full sub only release.

frankly if they do a sub only release and sale it for 6-15 a disc I might start being more interested in what domestic anime is doing.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote