View Single Post
Old 2010-05-15, 21:27   Link #6
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
How about some spoiler tags there?
I didn't use spoilers because the only parts that weren't present in the basic premise were my personal speculations. By the end of ep1, we know all of the "children of Enka" that bore the genetic markers, and we know the basic legend of Enka as well. Anyone who takes a look can see that the "family" is too diverse to conceivably have such a recent ancestor in common.
Thus, from merely the basic setting of the story, I had speculated about the possibility of the genetic samples from Enka's corpse being contaminated, possibly with blood or tissue from the ones who killed it. This was pure speculation, but it would mean that the test proved actually that they were descended either from the demon or the demon-slayers. I have not read the novels, so I don't know if something like this happens. I'd just thought it would be interesting if the dreaded demon children were actually the potential heroes, and the mistaken identity resulted purely from a stupid mistake.

I'm looking both for prophecies and legends of recurring events. In this sense, I think Shina dark might fit, does anyone know enough of the story to say? What I know is that this "satan" is supposed to come every 1000 years and bring chaos, but really all the lazy guy wants is to be left alone. I recall that countries sent beautiful maidens to be his harem to appease him, but he wasn't the least bit interested from what I know. Again, this is just from the basics from the first couple chapters, not a major spoiler.