View Single Post
Old 2008-03-17, 15:16   Link #1003
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Toshihiko was always amazing in Seed. People can bash Seed all they want, but not its all around outstanding OST.
Funny you mention Seed, i was watching it on satellites, (one of the few series that is broadcast in the UK Anime channel, besides kid cartoon channels)

Watched all the way to the end, and i can't for the life of me remember a single memorable music score, even from some of the scenes i can remember (i.e. the fight between kira and what-is-best-friend-name, robot bird flying in space etc etc)

Dunno what ears you have, but they certainly not the same as mine, as i can confidently say i was very underwhelmed by the soundtracks.

Well, except for the ending theme song, seem to remember that, especially when that mobile armour pilot sacrifice himself for his lover-captain, then the credits came after that, sort of made me blink my eyes.

as for "Ai Oboete Imasuka", after all these years, i can still bring up the memories of her singing on that transparent bridge, the explosions lighting her up, and the valkyries flashing and dying around her, as the song reach the chorus one on the many break though the stunned zentradi's, blows a hole in the mothership, the valkyrie flowing on the song itself, before reaching the big-head, pull out the bazooka and nails the bugger! god.

that song will remain with me forever.

Just the same as i can remember the chasing and quicken pace of the notes as gauld and dyson settle their rivalry amongst the test city, trading punches and tactics. it was beautiful.

As for GiTS, well maybe because i'm a Shirow Masumune Fan and love GiTS, Appleseed, Tank Police etc etc. That i really like the OST from them?

well maybe not Appleseed, the original nor the new ones. for some reason not really connecting to me on those remakes/adaptations.

Cowboy Bebop was a good OST too, i think yoko kanno did great on that too, and i watched that on the same channel as Gundam Seed was on, so maybe that's why i never noticed it's OST? drowned out by a superior one.