View Single Post
Old 2010-08-02, 03:12   Link #124
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Wing View Post
I will ask something simple. In most of your sigs, how do you get your certain areas and brushes to glow so much? Like in your signature Mio5, the area above her head is glowing and so are the music notes.
Thanks <3
The upper left part area was bright bec. of the lighting I put there. The notes are glowing bec. of the outer glow I put in them.

Here's a simple tutorial on how to make a glowing bg, + a glowing brush.

1st Step:

Open up a canvas, choose a gradient tool, and choose the option radial gradient, after that put up a combination of black, and a light color.

2nd Step:

Then put a shattered c4d in there. Adjust the color of the c4d by adjusting the slider of Hue/Saturation. Blend it in either linear dodge or screen.

3rd Step:

Put an outer glow in the c4d layer, make sure that the glow blending mode was in linear dodge. Since the color of the bg was blue I chose a blue color glow (be sure to choose a color that is not so bright and not that dark, sample was in the screenshot)

4th Step:

Blend it in several ways, First create a new layer, Apply Image (at the image pull down menu), then set it to overlay, adjust the opacity to 30% or whatever you think is right. Then repeat but this time set it to multiply 30% again or whatever. Repeat the step but put a gaussian blur in it with a radius of 3.0px, set it to lighten. Finally repeat the step (still 4th) but again without gaussian blur, set it to soft light with an opacity of 30%.

Done....

How to make a brush glow? same procedure as that one, you can already add some brushes when you add c4d. Be sure that the color used in brushes is almost alike from the color of the glow you'll be using. Purple = Darkish purple.

That's it, hope it helps.
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote