View Single Post
Old 2004-05-24, 01:42   Link #135
Skyro

I think Sarutobi should win this vote no contest if we are considering them in their primes.

Anyway, was it just me or was the mange sharingan just an advanced genjutsu move, like the one that flute girl (from the 4 sound) did to Shikamaru? It shares pretty much all the traits of genjutsu, i.e. creation of illusions seen only by the one effected, its purpose is to cause mental trauma through these illusions and to immoblize its victim, etc.

So it stands to reason that you could escape the manga sharingan if you were somehow able to inflict some damage upon yourself such as how Shikamaru did. Kakashi wasn't able to because obviously he was tied up, but so was Shikamaru and here is a time Shikamaru's cleverness really pays off. Also I don't think you can actually die from it directly just like other genjutsus, unless somehow it can mess up your brain so bad you die (doubtful). Indirectly of course it can kill you in many ways (just walk up and slit your throat while you're under its effects for instance) and I think that is what Kakashi meant when he said to himself "why didn't he kill me."

True these are some assumptions and extractions as nothing was explicitly said in the manga/anime but I see no other explaination for it.
Skyro is offline   Reply With Quote