View Single Post
Old 2004-05-24, 02:03   Link #137
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyro
I think Sarutobi should win this vote no contest if we are considering them in their primes.
Agreed, but this thread was meant to be silly, afterall.

Quote:
Anyway, was it just me or was the mange sharingan just an advanced genjutsu move, like the one that flute girl (from the 4 sound) did to Shikamaru? It shares pretty much all the traits of genjutsu, i.e. creation of illusions seen only by the one effected, its purpose is to cause mental trauma through these illusions and to immoblize its victim, etc.
Unlike the other genjutsus that do specific tasks, the world of Tsukiyomi is completely controlled by the user's will...so the target is basically bind there. Though genjutsus generally can be broken by pain, Kakashi was already in some pain after the kage buushin explosion...shouldn't he be immune from it if such were the case? Also, Tsukiyomi happens so quickly in real time that there really isn't much time to react once hit.

Quote:
Also I don't think you can actually die from it directly just like other genjutsus, unless somehow it can mess up your brain so bad you die (doubtful).
Mental breakdowns can cause death; one's spirit and mind can strongly impact the body. If your mind believes your body is dead...you'll be in trouble.

Quote:
True these are some assumptions and extractions as nothing was explicitly said in the manga/anime but I see no other explaination for it.
I like your reasoning for the most part, but hopefully mine offers a different angle for consideration. ^_^
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote