View Single Post
Old 2009-01-14, 11:26   Link #32
marvelB

I'm loving the warden already. I love how somebody as goofy as him is in charge of the prison (no wonder Hannyabal wants his position so badly!). Still, I'll bet he can be pretty damn scary when he's pissed. I mean, I sure as heck wouldn't mess with a guy who has a poison DF power....

And yeah, "Yakuza of the sea" is a pretty awesome title for Jinbei. In fact, I notice that Oda's introduced a good few gangster-themed characters this past year (Duval, who was actually a former mafia thug, the supernova Capone, who's pretty much self-explanatory, and Kizaru (aka Borsalino), who sort of has a "godfather" motif himself). Of course, I gotta love Jinbei's line at the end of the chapter (must've picked it up from his homeboy Fisher Tiger! ). I'm still assuming that Arlong is also locked up in the prison as well, but obviously not in level 5 with his former captain. I'd say he's most likely to be in level 3 or 4 (mermen are naturally stronger than humans, so they definitely wouldn't be locked up with the weaker prisoners of level 1 or 2).....

Also, I was kinda wondering..... maybe there's a chance that Luffy may fight against Momonga? I mean, I know people mentioned the possibility of Luffy facing off against Garp, but he doesn't seem to be available at the moment (since he obviously has to prepare for Whitebeard). However, we DO still have a present vice-admiral who I'm pretty sure is no pushover (remember, he was one of the few people who actually withstood Hancock's mero mero powers), and now that he's aware of Luffy's presence, I highly doubt he's just going to stand around idly while pirates are causing a prison riot.....