View Single Post
Old 2009-04-05, 04:38   Link #208
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsMending View Post
I've always wanted to try macha, though. Has anyone tried it? Is it any good? It's so expensive!
Yes it's good, but (1) it depends on the quality and (2) it might be an acquired taste. It smells more like grass or hay than the usual green tea varieties. Of course it's possible that the maccha I drink is not of the highest quality, hence the smell. That said, I'm rather addicted to maccha as well as genmaicha, which you mentioned, and Tieguanyin, which is an expensive Oolong tea from China/Taiwan.

I do spend a lot of money on my tea, but considering that a tin of maccha or Tieguanyin is enough to last me a month and costs only as much as two bottles of good wine... I think I end up spending a lot less on drink than my alcohol-loving friends. In fact, not drinking alcohol and not going to pubs/clubs leaves me with a whole lot of money to spend on good food and good tea

I never really understood British students who splurge on alcohol and clubbing, and then survive on baked beans -_-. Care to explain this to me, KawaiiKimmy? (Sorry for targetting you, but you're British and in your twenties so even if you don't fit this stereotype, you could enlighten me on the behaviour of your colleagues )
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote