View Single Post
Old 2011-03-05, 08:55   Link #1041
Irisiel

Father Hentai neither Luca nor Alto knows why Quarter is leaving when they try to stop them. That's why Luca asks them why they're leaving when they should fight Vajra together.

Sheryl's self-centralism is actually an expression of her obsessive self-reliance. She was alone on the streets as a kid; you cannot trust anyone but yourself in such a situation. Take note that in the first episode, she's right that amateurs would do something excessive, jeopardising the concert. The reason why she projects such confidence is because she grew up in a world where weaknesses will be punched upon and she would be devoured whole.

Even with Grace, Sheryl must keep a certain professional distance, as their roles are as manager and songstress, not mother and daughter. They sometimes cross over into sisterly territory, but never outright maternal.

And she's not as self-centred that she doesn't take notice of people around her. She picks up on Ranka's insecurities, for example.

LoveMeKags, it is possible to be close friends and still use that friendship as a smokescreen to hide another objective. That is, to say, that Alto and Ranka could be friends, but he sometimes twisted that friendship to hide the affection he felt towards Frontier (which is when I say excuses, excuses might sound like a bad word, but what Alto was doing was not within the scope of normal excuses, but rather him being tsundere towards Frontier). It's when he stops making excuses and projecting onto Ranka that he accepts that Frontier itself needs protection.

Like I said, he offers to kill a friend for Frontier. That would make anyone sad (maybe even sadder to know that said friend could be in the claws of a monstrous enemy, with only a suspicious person backing them up).

Granted, I may be reaching with the rooftop scene. (It just showed up on my re-watch list. However, you keep talking about Alto stopping Ranka from falling; what do you make of Alto rushing forward to hold up Sheryl on the rooftop?) However, I really do think that Ranka quit the moment she saw Alto and Sheryl, because all her songs at Frontier from that moment on is not for Frontier at all. (And then she leaves.)

The problem I have is when you try to blame Alto for not reading Ranka's feelings, when it's Ranka and everyone else sheltering her who causes her to read things wrong.