View Single Post
Old 2011-09-25, 23:56   Link #39
Manabu

Very good ending.

As for Ohana confession, I was annoyed at first, that she postponed yet again, but as aways, they solved it quickly, unexpectedly, consistently and realisticaly (yep..). It was fun to see how Kou was startled when she blurted out it in front of the yakisoba-ten! He was clearly waiting for her confession, but was taken by surprise. Ohana has once more proven her "Kuuki ga Yomenai" trait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
In terms of the inn, I actually thought that "We'll close it now and reopen it later, and the kind townsfolk will maintain it for us free of charge" was the weakest part of the finale. A bit of a cop-out, really. If that was intended as one of those promises you make to make feel better, knowing it's not true, there'd be a kind of pathos to it - but I think it was intended that we really believe it. If the decision is to close the inn, then stick with that and let everyone get on with their lives. If you want to make a go of it, let Enishi make a go and struggle to keep it going long enough to hand it off to Ohana. Don't try and have it both ways.
Fully agree with that. But I also liked to see the characters past kissuisou, and it leaves open for an OVA or something continuing the story.

For all that said that the inn would change it's name: YOU WERE WRONG.

Well, I was kinda wrong about Satsuki also... well, she came to work in the inn... but yeah, then back to Tokyo.

I liked this series alot. Many episodes were masterpieces, but there were some mediocriness in the middle, so all in all I will give it an 9/10, because no episode was forgoten, and all of them helped to pave the story.