View Single Post
Old 2008-03-10, 00:50   Link #1221
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Oh good, a chance to ramble on about myself.

*snip*

Now, applied to Haruki and co., it depends on what sort of drunks they are. According to the novel, Haruhi is a louder version of her usual self, while we don't know what Kyon and Mikuru's reactions are like, except that Kyon doesn't remember a lot, and that Mikuru can't hold her drink and has a "dreamy expression" when drunk. Yuki is unaffected. No mention of Koizumi imbibing is made.

According to the referenced doujin, Haruhi is louder (and more violent), Mikuru is near-comatose, and Koizumi is, um, gayer. Yuki is as expressionless as ever, but she goes into a sort of shutdown/standby mode while trying to recover.

So, do we want to keep these characterizations, or tweak them to something else? Maybe Haruki goes in vino veritas and starts confessing his true feelings, or simply weeps into his wine. Haruhi may be a violent drunk, but translate it to Haruki and he has the potential to do a lot of unintentional physical damage, so it probably shouldn't be exaggerated too much.
We'll come up with something more akin to the novels. The doujin is hardly something to go by.

And your life experiences are most intriguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Seems like people like these types of scenes:

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Of course, we do have the question of what kind of girl Koizumi would be. Would she be like a breasty loli or a woman? (Below are some pics drawn by a friend)

I think we're going for better-than-average high school girl. She's got a more developed figure, but not the complete body of mature woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FicFactor View Post
Okay, I've endured and been delighted through all sixty-plus pages of this thread/quasi-movement and I simply had to register to commend you all. Great work, all involved in bringing this concept to being!

As another of those fans eagerly (read: "impatiently") anticipating the next season of the anime, I've found Haruki, Kyonko et al, and the very idea of such a similiar yet different world impossible not to become enamoured with.

I'll try to contribute some (less than stellar) fan-art sooner rather than later to the existing mountains of quality fan-produced work for this idea, but for the meantime, all I can do is to reiterate my praise. Well done!
Thanks for the support.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote