View Single Post
Old 2012-10-09, 20:27   Link #23
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
But sadly, this thread also makes it clear to me that the goal I put forward in the OP is probably also a lost cause (which is why I'm not going to debate you on Accel World even though I disagree with you on it; it would probably be a vain debate at this point).
The problem appears to be that you want people to just keep on coming up with random word combinations until we find something that you deem acceptable to define a genre that already has valid definitions because you, Triple_R, have decided that the existing definitions just aren't good enough. There's nothing wrong with calling it a "coming-of-age drama"; that's a valid film school term for it. But you've decided that people are likely to misuse it, so therefore it's not good enough. But that hasn't stopped them from apparently misusing every other valid term so far (drama, melodrama, slice-of-life), so how is creating a new term going to help? People will apparently just misuse those too and, rather than combating the wrong usage, your attitude is "it's a lost cause".

So yes, based on your rules, it's pointless.