View Single Post
Old 2009-03-22, 09:40   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Seconds for Angelic Layer, Dennou Coil and Chi. If you have a kitty, you'll all love that show.

I'd add the licensed Tweeny Witches (Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu) based on Alice in Wonderland. It has a dark plot that adults can enjoy. For an adventure show, you might try Nijuu Mensou no Musume, about a young heiress who joins forces with a mysterious thief. All but one of its episodes are subbed.

Production I.G's Windy Tales has unusual animation but tells an interesting story about some girls who discover they can control the wind. Cats turn out to have the same ability and can fly around the city.

Finally I'll toss Seirei no Moribito ("Moribito, Guardian of the Spirit" in its licensed release) and the currently-running Kemono no Soujou Erin. I've only watched a couple of episodes of the latter, but it runs on NHK's educational channel and is clearly designed for kids. Moribito might be a bit too dark for a young child; it's a story originally written for older kids and preteens. The young male protagonist, a coddled prince of twelve, shows great character development throughout the show.