View Single Post
Old 2006-07-05, 15:02   Link #69
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
to ...I just can't express in words how much enjoyment I got out of the whole DBZ-experience (Only those who know can truley understand what that means)...You can never go back..that first time around was so great...To think about how many people I got hooked on that series in college...To think how many friends I had that didn't even like cartoons or anime who are now anime-freaks based on me showing them DBZ fansubs from the late 90's...Not many can understand, but that's just a part of the reason I find it hard to ignore when people either mindlessly bash it or crap on it for the sake of doing, or morso hate it because it became popular in the US and somehow they irrationally regard that as a black-eye for anime...

My sentiments exactly DBZ is the ultimate anime rush. I got all my cousins, a few of my friends, and even my sisters to start watching DBZ. And I think it's very evident that a lot of the characters were inspired and the entire series itself was inspired by DBZ. Both Oda and Kishimoto have expressed the influence DBZ has had on their respective shows, and even though I like One Piece it has not surpassed DBZ, I don't think anything has. The closes show to surpassing DBZ in my mind is Naruto. One Piece is less popular than Bleach and Naruto for many reasons but I think the biggest reason is the different more "cartoony" style of animation that is used on the show. Not only that but at first glance the show seems kind of silly, and people aren't willing to look past the silliness to see that show is very deep, the best way I could describe One Piece is a 100% adrenaline rush. And those who do not like One Piece obviously has never seen Luffy fight before, because when it comes time to fight this is the #1 BADASS SHOW ON EARTH!!!!