View Single Post
Old 2012-03-16, 09:19   Link #221
Westlo
Lets be reality

Animation aside I wasn't really feeling that pv... but if this is played as a "straight" mystery I guess it's a bit hard to make it seem exciting via a promo when the mystery is based on something 33 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Also that floating text make me want them to remake Umineko (and take the second part out of DEEN's hands).
Eh... I doubt any animation studio could produce a good Umineko anime, I just don't think it would translate well to an anime in addition to everything else.. no denying that DEEN did a poor job @ it though. Besidse if KyoAni were to tackle a locked room mystery it should be Biblia Koshoten no Jikentecho... which is currently smashing the Light Novel charts and has geniune non-otaku appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I'm just saying they aren't leaps and bounds ahead of the crowd anymore.
So you agree that they're still #1, which means they're the platinum standard still which you just said they weren't. Or are you saying to be called the platinum standard is no longer a case of being the best but being the best by a certain margin? Backtracking and changing goalposts...

Quote:
And if you K-ONify your art style to make it more fluid, I'd hardly think that deserves much credit, you're simplifying your designs for fluidity.
I agree, Naruto 133 was terrible, don't know why everyone loves the massive increase in fluidity. What about the original designs and consistency!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I'm speechless at this.
What are you talking about? You don't think accusing this of being moe moe kyun kyun and otaku bait full of injokes and memes is a sensible argument? Even though it's based on an 11 year old light novel that came out years before KyoAni even did their first proper anime?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote