View Single Post
Old 2010-09-26, 09:19   Link #892
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, kinda disappointed here as well with clip shows. Even parodied, it's not really all that funny anyway, and these things make the episode seems more like a throwaway episode, especially compared to the developments we got the last two episodes. Just seems like the 13th episode seems unnecessary, sure there's a bit of continuity like the graduation ceremony and saying that next time they will be in a new grade, but that's it. It's not all bad, some jokes especially in the beginning are pretty funny and the outright 4th wall breaking is quite hilarious, but there's not enough Kotomi. Seriously, everyone else got in but all she got is the ending in the middle and she doesn't even speak. What, did her VA's contract doesn't cover that or something? If there's one good thing, unlike the other Seitokai show that outright said that there won't be a second season in the last episode, here there seems to be hinting for the possibility for the second season.

And yes, I would love a second season. I love the characters, especially Suzu (somehow her jokes instead of getting older gets funnier for me) and Tsuda who is an excellent straight man. I like Shino as well, especially when she gets embarassed and blushed (usually about Tsuda), very different from her usual attitude. The other perverted characters (Yokoshima-sensei and her newest apprentice Kotomi, as well as Aria) are great source for green jokes as well. Side characters like Mitsuba and Hata are interesting as well. It takes a bit of getting used to in the beginning, but when it hits its stride like in ep 11, it's amazing if the second season can do that again then it's a must watch for me.

Would be interesting that just like they squeeze 1 year in-universe into 3 months real time, for the second season the 3 months of holiday before new school year in-universe (okay, no way will the holiday be that long, but let's keep the analogy intact) becomes a one year wait in real life. That way they'll have enough time to prepare, maybe another volume or two of the manga will be available as well so that they won't have to use their own jokes too often. Really hope that this will come to be.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote