View Single Post
Old 2011-06-20, 17:20   Link #22
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Solid list, though I doubt the strength of Puella Magi Madoka Magica as a whole due to Bakemonogatari falling short last year. Mio belongs to the K-ON! group (see: past winner), and as such even if a few voters are sympathetic for her, they still won't let her even have a sniff at the title. It all comes down to block matchups, so I find it almost impossible to really predict individual character strength, as it can fluctuate with different circumstances. For example, Azusa had the advantage of Yui being cast off in the 2nd round, while also capitalizing on a same-series matchup with Mio against Mikoto where K-ON! fans were able to throw all their votes at Azusa. Every champion since I've been following the tournament (2007) has had some major breaks, directly or indirectly.

For the record, I would have Mikoto, Kuroneko, and Charlotte as the top three most likely to perform under pressure, after that it's pretty much a crapshoot. With a return to the bracket format of old, I'm hoping we can see more competitive matches.

And no, I'm not making a personal favourites list yet. I'll save that for after the preliminary rounds.