Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 20:14   Link #2035
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Okay, so, above everything else, Yui and Aoki's relationship just got interesting. I've already forgotten the love triangle. The part with Aoki was good though, and looks like he may like Yui simply because she looks like someone he knew (or at least, be part of the reason). He asked himself 'when' did he get over that other girl, but maybe he never stopped, it instead transferred over to Yui.

That would be good, although I'm not sure KC can pull it off well. At least it looks promising.
I agree. I'm not usually one for romantic drama, but I'm really liking this development. It reminds me of how much I try to forget I felt a certain way about some things (not romance, but still).
I especially didn't expect it with a character used mostly for comedy. The gimmick basically forces Aoki to doubt his own feelings by not only reminding him, but by making him re-live what he though he put behind him. Now he can't say he truly loves Yui anymore when he can so easily feel the same way about another girl.
Yui was obviously enjoying Aoki's attention so it must not have been good for her self-esteem to realize it was all just because she reminded the guy of some girl from his past. Aoki also needs to consider the possibility that he's just using Yui as a replacement for the girl he never got over. It definitively puts a strain on their relationship and it's a very unfortunate reminder of how people's feelings are subject to change.
I doubt the conflict will be developed properly, but it's an interesting idea at least. That's really what KC is best at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
As for the 'other' love, well, the fact that Iori and Taichi have truly fallen back to allow Inaba in is pretty pathetic in my eyes. Looks like it'll be milked for comedy purposes until it's resolved too. Inaba's fallen in my eyes (although her younger version is cute!!!11!!). I don't think I care about their 'love' issue anymore.
I'm with you there. Inaba gets in the way and the two just let her as if it doesn't concern them. Iori acts as if she's on the same ground as Inaba and everyone seems to have forgotten one tiny detail regarding Taichi's say on the matter. The scene that really bothered me was the one where Inaba pulled Taichi's ear for looking at Iori, as if he's cheating on her.
Still, I have some hope for Inaba and Iori's development as individuals. We'll see more of Inaba before she became so cold and hopefully Iori will get closer to understanding who she really is (come one, she can't sit through another round).
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote