View Single Post
Old 2008-06-06, 03:24   Link #96
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Turn into....? You mean it hasn't already? lol.

I guess that's why people actually care about this triangle more so than those cheesy VN adaptions. And c'mon love triangles and debating them has been apart of Macross fandom for the last 25 years. The "battlelines" would've been drawn if this was 10 years ago before the rise of VN adaptions. Look at stuff like Tenchi and El Hazard...
Yeah, but at least the concept was fresh then. Macross Frontier is more a victim of the era then a victim of it's own writing. I guess I'm just kind of weary of this sort of discussion. Had it been ten years earlier it wouldn't remind me of the kind of talk you'd hear in the Shuffle or Clannad forum and more of just a romance by chance that is common in the Macross universe. You know, worlds colliding versus destined ones and stuff like that. Damn those types of shows for running the concept into the ground and I can only hope that Macross Frontie can actually do something to with it that will allow for a debate with substance.

At least I can be comfortable in the fact that I'm not likely to hear any "x should win because of this moe scene" and more arguments based on personality and benefits of a long term relationship for Alto.....I think.