View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 11:49   Link #279
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
So basically, you think that Zessica can't have a power like Silvia's because she's not Silvia's reincarnation? :3 I still don't get why you're so certain that Mikono is the only one who could be Silvia's/Celiane's reincarnation. The big twist in Genesis was that 1) Celiane reincarnated into two people not one, 2) Solar Wings was in fact Aquarion and not Apollo/Sirius/anyone. Why do you expect Evol's reincarnation patterns to be any less weird and complicated? ^^;;

Also, to be honest your theory sounds over-thought to me. (Btw I'm watching that scene but I see no tornado...? The "tornado" came before Fudou started his little speech.) Psychokinesis is a broad term but so far that's what Zessica seems to be doing: enegry blast, distorting metal, both done by her mind. Also, officially her power was called "impact" (衝撃) and "distortion" (捻れ). Neither implies the connection to the elements that you described.
Not at all, I just think we're stretching her abilities. Whether or not she is a reincarnation really has nothing to do with her powers (and not what I intended to imply). If it were telekinesis, why not call it such? Because it'd be a give away? Like Amata's flight having made everyone think that Amata was some reincarnation... (which is where I was going with Amata in my previous post). You're probably right that I am over thinking it, but it just seems odd to me to not call it telekinesis if it is... and the D&D logic works.

As for the tornado, iirc, the sequence is the ground glowing, dirt rising, and then a tornado, which fit with Fudo's line-up of saying: Amata's power of flight, Zessica's distortion, and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
He reverses stuff: unscrews the screws, reverses laser beams (or... whatever it is that he does that makes them bounce off him), says he can reverse a person's blood stream.
un- a prefix freely used in English to form verbs expressing a reversal of some action or state, or removal, deprivation, release, etc.

Undo is a generic form of "un-action" (as do is the generic form of the action verb and can be replaced by any other action verb that is more specific if so desired, and you can even go as far as "un-state" where state is replaced with some state of being), and it means exactly what you wrote: un(the prefix) ~ the reveral of the action/state to which it is attached. Unscrew is to reverse the screw. You can un-anything so long as it existed prior to you applying un.

As I said, Mikono can create while Kagura can undo. Neither ability can work without something having been there in the first place: Mikono cannot connect people with no attachment, Kagura cannot undo an action that has not occurred.