View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 23:35   Link #1016
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
I'll just requote my previous post here because I think you shouldn't take this debate as something that serious :

And it definitely is. Ultimately, it's about the battle for voters in the field, besides the already existing social momentum. The debate shouldn't bother people so much other then presenting the fact that neither candidate is a smart speaker. While it's true that Obama has been digging his own ground lately, and a few times previously, I'm still skeptical he can be budged by someone like Romney with just this.
But that's exactly why I am mad; that the nation as a whole now are fine with outright plain lies broadcasted on national television.

I gave up on Romney a long time ago; I am now judging the American People for how they give a charlatan legs to run on. This is reinforced by constant online reminders that Romney "won the debate because the undecided voters are just that stupid".

America cannot survive if nearly half the voting population choose Romney. That kind of mental ineptitude implies imminent Ancient Rome style social collapse. And I have yet to see evidence to the contrary.