View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 18:04   Link #2577
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
Perhaps it helps him restore the balance to his soul, or something? As the chapter's "Everything but the rain" (although that was also the name of chapter 512, which seems kinda lazy), it could be a way of stopping the rain in his soul and allowing him to come to terms with himself, so that he can fix himself and his bankai? That sounds like the sort of crap Kubo would come up with, tbh
Yep. Supposedly Ichigo already "stopped the rain" in his soul at the end of Soul Society arc, but he still has parent issues. Also, he still doesn't know he's part Quincy. That's a whole different set of powers to tap into. Cue training with Ryuuken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
And if Kubo's got any sense, he'll reveal Inoue to be nearby with a good excuse as to why Shunsui didn't want to let either Ken or Unohana know her role in their training session--which wouldn't be that difficult to explain.
I see little to no chance of that happening. This wasn't Unohana sacrificing herself out of a sense of duty to Social Society, this is how she wanted to die. The only way she wanted to die, I imagine.

But I theorize that Unohana dying--and staying dead--is important to Kenpachi's development. Sounds weird, but I think Unohana was like a pacifier to him or a security blanket. He admired her and the thought of an opponent who would always be there to offer him the fight of his life comforted him. When faced with the fact that he could lose that, he limited his power rather than admit he was above her.

In order to realize you don't need your blanky and patsy anymore you need them taken away. If Unohana continued to live, Kenpachi might end up convincing himself he didn't really win, and could easily slip back to the habit of limiting his powers again.

Shunsui and Unohana know this, which is why it was useless to have a healer on hand. Unohana could heal Kenpachi as much as needed, but once Kenpachi unlocked his power again, Unohana had to stay dead for him to maintain it.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote