View Single Post
Old 2009-09-23, 15:13   Link #18
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Damn, DEEN is really starting to impress me. Animation looked a bit chunky at times, but as a condensed adaption they pulled it off really well. Nearly flawless so far, and I suppose I hit the nail on the head when I said they were saving the big guns for when they adapt the more popular Episodes. Don't let me down DEEN, keep it up!

Well now the highlights of the episode. The tension surrounding Beatrice's fall was less effective with the way they altered it in the anime, but it was just as gruesome as it was in the VN. Loli Rosa was great and all, but I think I was most excited by the fact that Ohara was able to pull off a really great human Beatrice. It was a minor worry of mine if Ohara would be able to pull it off, but now I can breath a sigh of relief. VA props goes to Ronove and the Stakes as well of course, for reasons already mentioned in previous posts above mine. Ronove is just so suave and in-your-face and gay, that it's nothing short of perfect. The new Stakes pulled off a great performance too; Lucifer really seemed ashamed, embarrassed, and frustrated, and Madoka (Ui~~~~) pulled off a convincing Leviathan with the few seconds she had. The scene also reminded me that the Stakes are the greatest when they're together, and for violent, sadistic murderers... they sure can make a guy's heart melt. Bezeelbub and Asmodeus... uuu~

Glad that the whole episode was focused on Beato's past and the First Twilight, so now they can go crazy with the next episode. If they keep up with what they've been doing so far, then DEEN can surely make the next episode one to remember.