Thread: Graphic cards
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-01, 17:10   Link #58
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradF View Post
I had something typed up but it just pales in comparison to this article I found. Link
(Sept-09) So relatively recent stat layout.

Also If I can recommend learning to build your own desktop is a fast and easy thing, (PC Mags, Google Search How To's) and you just saved yourself hundreds of dollars with some quick learning. The DDR3 systems cost more as its the new technology currently coming out if your not a die hard gamer/coder/video editor DDR2 will suffice for pretty much everything.
Considering the cost of DDR3 ram, it's really expensive... I have 2 GB of DDR3 RAM on my Macbook Pro Laptop, but the prices of DDR3 RAM have went up and it now costs $100 for two sticks of 2GB DDR3 to make four GB, and this was cheaper several months earlier.

Don't think DDR3 make much of a difference, but it may in the future once low latency DDR3 RAM comes out. The current DDR3 RAM right now currently suffers from slightly higher latency compared to DDR2 RAM.

Quote:
For my next build I think something I want that I hadn't thought of much before is a 5.1 surround sound system; combined with a good sound card.
Generally, the on-board audio works fine for an average user and still work with your 5.1 surround sound system... so I suggest trying that before investing in a sound card...