View Single Post
Old 2011-01-22, 11:46   Link #2069
n0c0ntr0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
For me, it's the risk vs reward at a certain time in a persons life. The reason there's an age for drinking is because when you're older, you're more able to handle the responsibility than when you're a kid. Heck, even driving a car, you have to be 15-16 in the States.

You may be taught how to use a condom, but as effective as they are, they aren't 100% and there's a lot of people who are stupid enough, especially teens, who don't use them. Plus, if the worse should happen, a 14 year old getting accidentally knocked up is much worse than an 18-19 year old who's already graduated from high school, has a degree and is able to actually support a child. And I'm actually wondering if Yuki and Tooru used protection or if she just got lucky.

But Waven is right-- it's just a different world view and how we were raised, combined with people's own circumstances. As I've said, I've seen enough teen pregnancy to be wary.
You see its tales like this that really annoy me. A condom that doesn't break is 100% effective. But condoms break (thats why the lube has spermicide inside it). A woman taking the pill is 99.9% effective as long as she doesn't skip any (thats the true number, when they start forgetting the odd pill it messes it up). If any girl gets pregnant when she was on the pill go back and check whether she just pulled the goalie out of the goal, because women like to do that when they get baby fever and then claim its that the pill isn't 100% effective. Also is the condom breaks, it makes sense to get the morning after pill ASAP, which is when it is also 90% effective. All in all, if you take the right precautions it is EXTREMELY hard to get pregnant if you handle everything properly. And teens are capable of handling it properly. (Well aside from in countries where they don't teach you such things like the USA in the Bush era).

and for mr stat disbeliever: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage...obal_incidence

That table is from a measure of pregnant women or moms between 13 - 19 / 1000 13 - 19 women
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote