View Single Post
Old 2013-06-27, 21:44   Link #2038
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Do you hear that, my friend?

That is the sound of the pounding migraine I'm getting right about now.

I assume you mean paragraphing and the flow of sentences into each other rather than just the flow of phrases within a sentence.

Yes, admittedly it isn't up to par, and the main problem is that it's a pain to convert Japanese prose into English prose. It's not Epic-Superunique-Elite-Champion-class difficult, but it's tedious as hell.

And on that note, maybe I should start that long edit from Ch2.

Spoiler for apology:
I am sorry to hear about your migraine. I know translating is very difficult.

As for what I meant, I mean that chapters 2 and 3 in particular had lines like:

Quote:
Although she gave an impression as if she was slightly absentminded with a no table tub, she was strangely amiable.
While we can guess as to what the line intended to convey, "no table tub" is an enigma that we can't drop without fearing that we're losing something.

If the translation is accurate, group-editing can handle improper grammar, and rewriting the prose to read more naturally. But encountering lines like

Quote:
He did not even mind to have any problem even if he became steady carelessly as a feudal domain in the sea
is like hitting a brick wall without being able to read/understand the source material. (That particular line has since been edited by someone, and I can only hope they didn't just make stuff up.)
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote