View Single Post
Old 2011-05-18, 08:49   Link #157
VentAileron

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Making their characters having an intelligence of 10 years old kid (over the existence of Menma) does not help either...
It's not a 10-year-old mentality to talk about the ghost of a deceased without questioning its existence. On the contrary, adults tend to do it a lot, especially the ones who have lost a close relative.

Talking about the deceased make people do strange things. Why else would people mourn? It's not as if the deceased can hear it, but are you sure? Maybe they can hear it. In either case, you will feel better yourself by talking about it.
The characters of the show are clearly broken by the death of one of their closest friends. Talking about it and pretending the ghost of said person had appeared can ease the pain and bring closure to that chapter.

There's also no rampaging over Jinta's friends either. I mean, ask yourself. What did they do up till now? Except coming together twice, they really haven't done much together. What did Jinta do up till now? It's not that he's forcing things on the others; he might have been the one who started with it all, but that was episode 2. After that, he got dragged into activities himself because of the others who wanted to fulfill Menma's wish, whatever that might be.

I still think Menma is indeed a hallucination by Jinta, but that doesn't make her presence less real.

@james0246
Your point seem to be solely based on that you expected the show to continue more on the Yukiatsu part. OceanBlue argued this greatly, so I will not repeat arguments. The only thing I have to add is that you've to consider if adding those scenes are actually worth it, or is that giving Yukiatsu too much screen-time?
I also don't see why you think there isn't a coherent storyline. Because of Jinta's actions, the group got together again and the old deep relationships between them start to resurface. It's those relationships that the series wants to slowly show us.
Transitions between characters are generally only annoying if the show focuses on one character for a very long time, but then suddenly jumps to another. This is generally not the case for AnoHana, because the jumping is frequent and focuses short. But I have to say that Anjou is getting a bit too much attention.

Last edited by VentAileron; 2011-05-18 at 09:31.