View Single Post
Old 2007-12-06, 06:26   Link #100
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I'm just glad they didn't cheapen the whole thing by making the incest thing a reality. We're not out of the woods yet, but I'd hate if this becomes another Boku wa Imouto angst fest, if only because they've set these characters up as close siblings. Making them go further really does just cheapen the relationship (and the drama).

I didn't mind that at all, since it was absorbing, but I'm not going to proclaim that as well written drama. In the end it was melodrama. Decently executed melodrama, but still melodrama. I hated the fact that, for the set up to work, with the exception of the main cast, absolutely everyone was against Shuri and Shuusuke. The writers just refused to entertain the possibility of allowing the audience to sympathize with the antagonists in any way, since they were all either motivated by selfishness, or were attacking the twins for the sake of antagonism. I prefer it when antagonists have some level of complexity and can somewhat justify their actions, since that's when you see the best drama, IMO.

Not that I think any of this was bad (awkward at times, but not bad). I just wouldn't laud it as a good example of drama. It's an example of good melodrama, provided one is willing to suspend disbelief.

I'll pay Sana's bloodfear, since that's at least something that separates him from the generic male lead. I'm still waiting for Hoshino to be something other than be a plot device, though. The role she's been given doesn't do justice to the awesomeness of her character design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Has anyone noticed how snubbed Aoi is in the storyline. What if... OMG! Aoi sent the note! She also planted false hopes into Grandma Kaji's head. She started the fire and framed Nanaka's uncle too! She has been masterminding this whole thing! Either that or she's just the comic relief.
Goddamn, that would be a legendary plot twist.