View Single Post
Old 2010-11-21, 09:03   Link #65
Used Can

I think I can understand what they tried to do with Rihoko's arc, since, rather than following the typical formula in which the guy suddenly starts a relationship with girl and they hit it off, here we had an already established relationship (much different than what he had with Kaoru) and instead of developing quickly into romance, we're shown them as best friends with the open possibility that, maybe, one day they'll get into a romantic relationship.

The problem is, when you're dealing with a romance anime, in which all the girls are getting their romantic end, most people pretty much want to see how it turns out with every single girl. So, when you have an arc with barely any romantic development and without a romantic end, many fans are bound to be displeased - especially considering how cute and endearing Rihoko can be.

I cannot call it a bad arc on itself, since it tried to deliver a theme and story and it did it. However, in my opinion, that simply didn't fit this anime and left me with a bad after-taste.

I'm really hoping they won't ruin Tsukasa's arc.

Anyway, Haruka keeps being awesome. If there was a main female in this anime, it'd definitely be her. Even if Ai is my favourite from the game and the mangas, Haruka is the best girl in the anime. She seriously can brighten an episode.