View Single Post
Old 2012-05-16, 15:09   Link #9
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It might be nice to get the Quincy's point of view at some point, but for now we basically got 10 pages of recap on what we already knew.
We already know what the Quincy point of view is. Supposedly, it comes down to the difference between justice and vengeance. Urahara spells it all out in chapter 36. Why should hollows who harm and kill friends and relatives get sent peacefully to soul society? So they held their faith they were avenging their friends. Screw the balance. Most of them didn't care. Though in their defense, the shinigami were at fault as well. Because I do believe Quincy's at least tried to come to a compromise at one point or another. It was proposed that Quincy's could at least act as first responders to hollow attacks in order to weaken hollows enough to buy time for a shinigami to come and finish it off. But the idea was dismissed. As far as the shinigami were concerned, it was either their way or the highway. Quincy's could either choose to stop fighting hollows completely, or get exterminated. There were no attempts made by the shinigami for a middle-ground resolution as far as we know.

So unless Kubo has something new to add to all this history, I hope he doesn't devote half of yet another chapter towards covering it. On another note, wow, Kajoumaru's character design is so freaking obvious. So much so that I almost wish this guy actually turns out to have some sort of direct connection to Aizen. Because this is the most blatant lookalike yet IMO. So unless there's a plot related reason for it, it just makes me want to facepalm.