Thread: FMA Dub
View Single Post
Old 2004-11-07, 23:22   Link #68
Akumabito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
:Sigh: The reason why the FMA dub "sucked" was because they have to maintain a budget on voice-acting and editing. If they hire great people those peope might demand a high pay and therefore they would lose money as opposed to gaining it. I'm sorry if everything in a dub anime can't be perfect. If you don't like it don't watch it. It's as simple as that. Stop acting like such a purist and deal until the DVD's come out, your highness.[/sarcasm]
Trust me, I'm not going to keep up with the dub on CN. I'm not a purist, I specifically said so. If this is the best talent that a dubbing company without a Disney budget can afford then something is wrong in the industry.

Quote:
The reason why they screwed with the end theme is for time purposes for commerical time. They do this for all anime that keep in it's opening, so it's no use complaining now when no one complained over half a year ago, so you're a little late to be whining about this.
I know, this is just a minor complaint I have about CN really. Just like how they screwed with the end theme of Wolf's Rain. Bah, they need less commercials or something, and yes I know nothing will happen despite anything I say, doesn't mean I can't be unhappy about it.

Quote:
I've never heard of anime dubbers trying to sould like the Japanese counter-parts. You could've made an example to back up your facts. People either bitch when it sounds nothing like the Japanese version, and when they try they bitch about them sucking at the attempt. Besides unless you can do better then stop complaining. Would you rather have it mute like cartoons in the 1920's and earlier? Just be glad they licensed it and actually did the acting for the anime instead of licensing it and not even do a thing of work on it and it to be never seen by man. Just be happy that it was on television legally and for free.
The "trying to sound like the japanese VAs" is reffering to getting female voices that are unusually high and/or squeeky. I am complaining about crappy quallity dubbing cause it just doesn't feel like they are really taking it seriously, nothing to do with it being in japanese or not. And as for the "unless you can do better" thing, hell, I could do better. But among many reasons why my efforts would be rather pointless, I don't feel like moving to where the nearest dubbing company is (almost to the other side of the country from me I think, and if I thought I had a chance I honestly would try).