Thread: FMA Dub
View Single Post
Old 2004-11-10, 19:27   Link #77
odoriman

Why does every thread about a dubbed anime turn into a pointless bickering over the general quality of anime dubbing?

I would like to add my opinion of the FMA dub and I thought it was great! It was well beyond my expectations (and I was expecting a butchering).

I thought Ed's voice was awesome. (That's right, I said AWESOME! ) Although, it didn't fit well at all when he was a kid at the start. I was thinking "Whoa, Ed sure hit puberty early." They should have digitally altered his voice for that. Not sure if that would have made it better or worse though.

I didn't like Al's voice much. The voice was a good fit but child actors can't act (except in rare cases like Haly Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense). It's probably not going to get any better later on in the series.

I don't see why everybody is dumping on Roze's voice. I found no problems with it.

Oh but Gluttony... I'm worried about Gluttony. He's one of my favourties. We only heard a giggle, but what a raspy giggle. I hope they don't mess with Gluttony.

I really think they adapted the script very well. Even adding a few nice lines. "Wrong leg. Right Arm!" Gold. Pure gold. You can't get that in the Japanese version.

Overall, I thought it was Americanized very nicely. Good job Funimation (so far).