View Single Post
Old 2009-12-10, 21:47   Link #20
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
On Suou's side, it might be puppy love, but the fact is that Hei is the only security she has left, now that she discovers that her father, brother, and mother -- and herself -- are not what she thought they were.
I wouldn't side with this to be honest. If Bones had wanted us to not be so sure about it, they wouldn't have Mao bluntly stating that Suou is in love with him. I guess Bones learned from not making Hei and Yin's relationship clear in S1.

Another nice development episode. I can't help feeling that Suou's mother is evenutally going to come around and see Suou for "who she is." She seemed torn up enough about her when she heard Mao calling out to Suou when Suou ran off after hearing her mother spill her guts.

I liked the scene where Suou spilled her own guts to Hei like that. It was a great balance of just enough emotional power to make you feel, while not making you cry like a little girl for her.

Yeah, that was definitely not Hei who killed Yoko; a) she was still alive when he left, and b) that so doesn't fit his M.O. (near-mutilation is so not Hei's style) I would've kinda figured that somebody in Section 3 would suspect this even though Hei did kidnap her, although since we haven't heard everyone else's opinion it might still click for somebody. Misaki most of all is likely to realize this. Or they might just have her believe it after all to increase the tension between them, especially after their encounter this episode.

So, Yin's in Hell's Gate, eh? I would've thought she'd be somewhere better hidden than a flowerbed there, but since she seems to have awakened to whatever it is they want, I would guess she doesn't need to be hidden anymore.

Yin emerging form a cocoon in the middle of Hell's Gate? Oh boy. Yin in some kind of battle suit? Uh-oh.

But Yin grinning like that?

OH SHI-

Looks like the "Contractor killer" will be showing up next episode. I personally can't wait to see Hei's reaction. There's gonna be some serious drama there.

10/10

It feels to me like we should prep ourselves for an S3; it just seems like there's a bit too much to wrap up fully in 2 more episodes. Maybe Shion's plot, but there will definitely be open stuff left with the Syndicate, and I don't see the Hei/Misaki conflict ending so quick either. The un-conclusion of the plot with Yin is also a possibility; she's been pretty much gone for the shole season, and now truly shows up only 2 episode before the end. Seems a bit too short for the conclusion of whatever happened to her and for Hei to come to the rescue when we still have whatever Shion is planning.