View Single Post
Old 2004-09-07, 16:57   Link #274
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfAnime
Here it is.....I had to try........My first banner. Let me know what you think but be gentle as I am still learning Adobe photoshop

Three things wrong with this. First of all, you need to use the theme of Autumn. Pretty pictures alone won't do it.

Secondly, you need to blend the edges to the background color or else use the background that I provided in the first post of this thread. This is necessary so that it looks good at the top of the forum. Your banner would look like this:

Note the sharp discontinuity at the right and left of your banner where it fails to match the background.

Finally, you should use capitols only with that font. If you want lower case letters use a smaller font. For an example of how to use this font you should compare it to:

Note the absence of blocks around the letters "nime" and "uki".

As for BME, I am reassured to hear that I am not the only one who can't see his entries. I was curious because I couldn't see them when they were first posted and I still couldn't see them after he edited his post. I figured that he would have noticed if his server was busted

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.