Thread: Umi no Misaki
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-01, 15:31   Link #749
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbailer View Post
While I agree that this usually happens, it would be an example of bad writing. Writers should maintain consistent characters.

So far Fumizuki has done a great job of creating good characters, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Although in recent chapters Soyogi has been much more forward, Karin is usually the one to act on her feelings. Karin is the most "normal girl" while Shizuku and Soyogi are more responsible in their role as Cape Maidens. Perhaps Shizuki and Soyogi can sleep peacefully because they are better at controlling their emotions.

The chapter does a good job of contrasting the maiden of Fire with the maidens of wind and water.

At least that's my current interpretation
Agreed. Fumizuki is a great writer and I don't think he would set it up like this just to give Karin time. I believe those girls were tired as well. Besides, they all could have lay there for hours until they fell asleep, with Karin being the only one still awake, which means they were all uncomfortable to some degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Lol @ Nagi sleep-fondling Karin . I also liked Negi's speech about the first islander. Lol, I loved Soyogi and Karin's reactions when they heard about Shizuku's advantage. Overall a good couple of chapters. The 2 month break hurts though .
Their reactions last chapter was great. Now they know who the first girl was.