View Single Post
Old 2012-09-03, 19:03   Link #82
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I think the instruction Sasuke received from Kakashi was nearly as good as instruction from an Uchiha. True, we don't see Kakashi directly training him to use Sharingan, but Sasuke did sharply hone his (copied) taijutsu under his guidance. Plus Kakashi shares the lightning affinity and knows powerful Raiton like Chidori, so he was especially suited to training Sasuke.
Sasuke was alone from the ages of 7 to 12. During those same years Itachi had an entire clan (including a father and mother who were Jounins as well as whatever Shisui was), a teacher, and multiple teams all helping him to become stronger (he also had Madara/Tobi). Despite all of this, Sasuke still managed to be at the level of Chuunin by the start of the series. Kakashi was a great teacher (for Sasuke) and was able to allay much of Sasuke's deficiencies (how someone as dedicated as Sasuke didn't know tree walking is still something I find very unbelievable), but that doesn't dismiss the fact that Sasuke was alone during many years in which his abilities could have been greatly expanded.

Note, I am not saying that Itachi's strength solely came from the help he received (Itachi is a genius after all). But, Itachi had obvious resources that Sasuke did not.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote