View Single Post
Old 2012-09-03, 20:06   Link #83
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Sasuke was alone from the ages of 7 to 12. During those same years Itachi had an entire clan (including a father and mother who were Jounins as well as whatever Shisui was), a teacher, and multiple teams all helping him to become stronger (he also had Madara/Tobi). Despite all of this, Sasuke still managed to be at the level of Chuunin by the start of the series. Kakashi was a great teacher (for Sasuke) and was able to allay much of Sasuke's deficiencies (how someone as dedicated as Sasuke didn't know tree walking is still something I find very unbelievable), but that doesn't dismiss the fact that Sasuke was alone during many years in which his abilities could have been greatly expanded.

Note, I am not saying that Itachi's strength solely came from the help he received (Itachi is a genius after all). But, Itachi had obvious resources that Sasuke did not.
Well, Sasuke attended the academy which is the only instruction Itachi is ever mentioned receiving at the same age (though he was so talented he graduated in a year). We don't know the involvement the clan had with his training. Fugaku instructed Sasuke in Katon (which Kakashi implies isn't taught in the academy), so likely he did teach Itachi clan techniques as well and would've further trained Sasuke. Shisui probably instructed Itachi too as they were like brothers. Mikoto...she was said to be a jounin but I doubt she really had a hand in Itachi's ninja training. When she saw Sasuke was eager to improve but was being neglected by Itachi she offered encouragement, but never offered to train him herself. I wouldn't assume she taught Itachi if she didn't teach Sasuke. And Itachi didn't seek Madara until he was already an ANBU captain at which point he was already much stronger than Sasuke was at the start of the series.

But Uchiha teachers or not, the special training Sasuke could've received would've been limited until he awakened his Sharingan, and that didn't happen until he was 12 (though it briefly appeared at 7 due to Itachi). Being naturally gifted allowed Itachi to fully awaken his at 8 so he could begin honing its skills at a much earlier age.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote