View Single Post
Old 2013-05-06, 05:31   Link #10123
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Cyclist died after crashing into stationary lorry

For a bit of background, that road is pretty much a straight road beside the airport runway. No idea why he did not see the lorry parked on the road.
I have no pity for the cyclists over here, in fact I do support the guy who suggested driving a 5-ton over the participants at the cyclathon last year - it is utterly moronic and irresponsible to drive a human-powered, not-well controlled vehicle on a population-dense area, let alone cycling on an over-crowded island with hardly enough room for anyone to move around; not only are you posing as a hazard to yourself, you are posing as a legal hazard to others because your family can sue another person for even the miniscule of accidentally causing you to fall over your bicycle.

Not only that, cyclists pose a large hazard to physically smaller persons, especially children, near school zones. It never ceases to amaze me when the government put up those "dismount and push" signs when they should have posted "No cycling, 6-months jail. $50 reward for first person who reports crime." instead.

Therre should be a cycle-at-your-own-risk law that nullfies all indemnity of motorists to cyclists travelling on any road on their bicycles; there are too many Dukes of Hazard amongst the ranks of cyclists around here.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote