View Single Post
Old 2011-08-22, 00:08   Link #31
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
As for the music, I disagree. Iroha's music had been pretty good, but comparing it with YnS is unfair, since YnS as you said is so damn strong.
Wait, I missed this...

I won't even go bash the emo-style OP much, because even though the first one was consistent ear rape, let's talk about the BGM...

Oh wait, there's nothing to talk about the BGM. It's not even there half the time. The greatest weakness of its filler episodes is that it's devoid of music, making the atmosphere absolutely dry. And when they do have it, it's the same few tunes-- extremely repetitious.

Incidentally the last episode had some more, but... still, I can't see (or really hear) anything of significance.

I haven't seen that much anime where the sound is that lacking with dead silence. Incidentally, it's the weaker episodes that do this more.

And this is why I used Yosuga no Sora, as an example of good use of BGM. But even if we don't compare it to that, that's probably the greatest difference between True Tears and Hana Saku Iroha if we just count atmosphere. And there's Angel Beats...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote