View Single Post
Old 2009-03-04, 22:31   Link #18
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
Instead of crapola like Naruto, we need more dark, creative shows like Denno Coil, Ergo Proxy, Death Note, Black Lagoon. Basically we ADULTs want product too!
your really just not looking hard enough? Kara no kyoukai, darker than black, evangelion, beserk, there are a lot of adult titles, you just have to look for them. And its not like their hidden.

On the note, pundits just assume one point and run with it without really analyzing the other aspect, this is what makes them stand out, this is the one problem with talking heads, they rarely are grounded in reality, their in their own little verse where everything is black and white. This leads to good pundits allowing a base to gather moment under them but they really take everything to the extreme. I think the truth is non japanese anime fans just want what japanese anime fans get in support from the industry, nothing more nothing less. If thats a sense of entitlement, then I find the word entitlement has been greatly distorted. As a consumer of a product, I don't want to pay twice as much as the guy across the ocean and also get an inferior product. It doesn't make sense. It's like selling me fois gras, but serving me chicken liver, then to add insult to injury the guy next to me who order fois is getting fois and he gets a complementary bottle of beur blanc. Hell its gonna take a long time till what I want as a fan comes but right I just want something comparable, and something that relies on blind faith, or internet testimonials of whether or not a product is good just isn't going to cut it. I think its very safe to say that the Anime industry is very similar to the infomercial industry, they give you a 10 minute (mind you the anime pitch is proabably 30 seconds of your typical narration voice) pitch and expect you to relieve your cash like a 40 yr old virgin whos with a 5 dollar hooker. My whole schtick is why am I as a willing consumer being treated like a second class citizen. If the americans are not part of your demographic then don't market to us, and don't bitch that we don't buy your shitty hand me downs, I mean its basicaly segmenting the fanbase based on the geographical boundries, whilst we live in a digital age that pretty much unites the world.

Last edited by Nosauz; 2009-03-04 at 22:51.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote