Thread: Licensed Katanagatari
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-11, 17:16   Link #2246
Kunagisa

You are all heartless!

I teared the first time I read Togame's death, but from the last couple of posts most seemed not as affected by the scene, which made Vexx's point earlier debatable. The Chinese forums were filled with emo posts and everyone here just seemed to find the long, long death speech rather boring. My somewhat sadistic anticipation of people's rage toward this ending was rather disappointed, though the English community's rather simple acceptance served to make 2ch's hatred for the ending even more hilarious (then again, what doesn't 2chn hate). I wonder if this is just the farewell scene was treated poorly (wonder what Shichika actually said, which is an anime original), or just that TAKE's design is that much win that as long as you look pretty you're forgiven.

There's also the issue of plot, which I do agree with Daniel Lind that is the weakest and most BS element in this story, was barely debated here at the end. Or did everyone just ended up being super thrilled by Shichika's Boss Rush? I think Nisio should've just changed Shichika's attitude to Hiteihime in the end to that of "You killed my waifu, so I'm taking your body as payment" for maximum trollage effect.

One thing's for sure though, WHITE FOX has gotta be the most loyal company in creating adaption from novels, whether that is a + or - is up for debate.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote