View Single Post
Old 2008-07-08, 21:11   Link #241
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Upon viewing the first episode, it kind of has that feeling of a Super Robot show, but of course with magical lolis and mecha musume. Awesome.

The show is a little on the blatant side though. I also noticed that I found myself saying aloud "I don't get it" at least 15 times throughout the episodes. Anyway I quickly took notice as have others that everybody is wearing fetish outfits or designed in a fetish-like way. Swimsuits, Bloomers, Panties and what I call the Moetan ass are very prominent. I'm not feeling the dog tail/ears at all though. Furry just totally kills the whole deal for me.

Anyway when Yoshika or whatever her name is ripped off her friends shirt my eyebrows immediately shot up in surprise and stayed stuck there for the rest of the episode. Then when we see her mother healing the friend in the bedroom something else went up and stayed there for the remainder of the episode. The other thing that caught me by surprise is that there's a territory called Britannia featured in this series. What, is that going to become a common thing now after that other ultra-popular show?

I'm liking the accelarated pace of things compared to Sky Girls, but then again I'm also not liking the lack of things....I'm talking about the plot. Mmmm the arced back......Wawha What?! Oh right, the scene where Yoshika is swabbing the deck also seems off. I don't get why Gonzo feels the need to use CG for anything mechanical now. They seem borderline obsessed with it like they have to or something. It clashes so much seeing this non-CG drawn character running across a plain that looks like it doesn't belong in her universe. I swear there's also a part where the commander girl (the one with the eyepatch....cause names are not important apparently) turns into a cell-shaded CG representation of herself. Not exactly what I had in mind. For the 16th time, I don't get it. Mmmmm...delicious bikinis, nicely arced loli backs and chillin' in the sun.... Decent cliffhanger ending.

Anyway this is getting filed under guilty pleasures.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote